2026/09/26

Sam's Club Pizza

The first pizza I got from Sam's Club had a soft crust, like it needed to be cooked a little longer. I was disappointed at first, but I ended up really liking it after I refrigerated it because the crust firmed up a little. It is a large pizza, so it took me five days to eat it, and it was good the whole time.

Sam's Club is about a 17-minute drive from my house because it is way across town. I needed to go to the post office, so I decided to drive the extra five minutes to Sam's Club to get another pizza. I asked if they could cook it for an extra minute, but the young lady said that because they were so busy, they couldn't do it. However, she said they could do it on a different day when they weren't as busy. She countered that the crust would probably be firmer this time around.

Because they were so busy, they said it would take about 30 minutes to get the pizza. Reportedly, the normal time is about nine minutes. I said that was no problem because I would do some shopping. When I finished shopping 25 minutes later, the pizza was already done.

I could smell the bacon on the four-meat pizza, which made me even hungrier. After I got home, I ate a couple of the good-sized pieces. The crust had just enough firmness to get by, but I was way impressed with the taste. This wasn't like the first pizza, where I thought the taste of the tomato sauce overwhelmed everything. This pizza was very flavorful.

At $8.98, I would expect a pizza this good to cost more than twice as much. I assume that the results can vary depending on who makes the pizza and how busy the store is, because sometimes we live in an imperfect world.

Prior to all this, I hadn't ordered a pizza in years. This is good enough and cheap enough that it will become a regular part of my Sam's Club shopping trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.