2026/10/03

Taste Test Every Chocolate Bar

 I eat a little dark chocolate every day, usually for breakfast, which contains beneficial polyphenols similar to those found in berries. It also has saturated fat, but reportedly not the "bad" kind.

I heard one commentator say that we should just eat berries instead, and I eat a cup of blueberries every day, which is reportedly good for brain health.

I am currently eating this brand of dark chocolate because it is cheaper than other brands, and the pieces are individually wrapped, which I like. It is only available from Aldis. However, I am eating the 85% version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgUe5BIqaB4&t=1781s

The actual price is around $4. Chocolate keeps going up in price, and the prices are higher than what is stated in the video.

I find it interesting that this brand is made in Utah. It is very expensive...

https://youtu.be/bgUe5BIqaB4?si=yLHCLbaT-p_aMQgh&t=1834


I used to eat the following brand that I got at Walmart...

https://youtu.be/bgUe5BIqaB4?si=Z-3tjv4W4KusHneZ&t=713

It is one of the brands that Consumer Reports flagged for heavy metal contamination. However, Consumer Reports was going by the California standard, which is super strict. I wrote the company, and they claimed that their dark chocolate is safe to eat.

I personally prefer the 90% because it has more actual chocolate and less sugar. Dark chocolate can have a strong taste, but I am used to it.

I used to buy this brand, and Consumer Reports claimed that it was in a safe range for heavy metal contamination. It is maybe one of the better brands.

https://youtu.be/bgUe5BIqaB4?si=EH9Yj_QYwFfG3szE&t=12

Dark chocolate has risen greatly in price, so I started eating this Walmart brand, which is a little cheaper. Based on the reviews, I might go back to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.